No bluetooth connection between iphone 4 and MacBook Pro?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by greylee, Oct 8, 2010.

1. greylee macrumors member

So i was just bored and tried to connect my iphone 4 with my Macbook pro. they both have the latest software, iso 4.1 and os x 10.6 they paired up just fine. but when I tried to connect them. They couldn't establish a connection. on the phone it says my macbook pro does not support it. and on my mac it just says unable to connect to my iphone. So whats the problem here?! they are paired up tho just no connection@

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You can't do anything over Bluetooth between and iPhone and a computer except tethering and then only if you are paying for that service, get it free from your carrier, have downloaded that app from a few weeks back, or jailbroken. Bluetooth syncing, and also file transfer are not supported.

3. greylee thread starter macrumors member

so basically you can't use bluetooth as a connection method between the phone and computer?! just wanna make sure
    thanks

4. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

If they paired just fine, then you have a connection. Make sure the bluetooth symbol on the phone is white. If you are trying to tether via bluetooth you need to enable Tethering by going into Settings > General > Network > Internet Tethering. You will only see this option if your carrier allows tethering and you subscribe to the proper data plan. Aside from that and using a headset, you can't really do much on bluetooth with an iPhone.