No bluetooth for adress book

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ahasver, Nov 11, 2007.

1. ahasver macrumors member

ahasver

Do I understand correctly that the new address book in 10.5 doesn't support bluetooth connections with phones anymore? If that is correct I wonder what the point is. Maybe the iphone wouldn't support it anyway? Is Apple becoming the buy all our products or screw you company? I am really concerned now because then I would expect the worse of the years to come. Everything will be easy if only buy our slightly overpriced products. I thought we were there in the years when you had to buy a printer from Apple to get your docs printed and that didn't work out to well.
    But maybe I just don't see the feature. All I can say is that helpdocs don't mention bluetooth in the address book anymore. Anybody any ideas. I am still hopeful this can't be true or there would be a good reason for cutting out this feature other then getting me to buy an iphone. :confused:

2. DENZIE macrumors member

DENZIE

3. ahasver thread starter macrumors member

ahasver

I miss the whole thing

Well I actually liked the whole package with sms that get displayed in the address book and the ability to dial numbers from my address book. I just hope it was to difficult to implement and not some scheme to get my in line for the iphone. I am from Germany and the cheapest deal is 50€ (= $67) per month for 100 min outgoing calls and 35c (=46 ct in the US) per minute after that. Plus I dislike the idea of reduced possibilities as a concept. Don't get me wrong Leopard is great (so far) and I just bought a new Macbook. It's just seems a new feature at Apple to take away options and focus on the one solution that brings in even more money.