No Bluetooth for good stuff??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pavvento, Jun 28, 2007.

1. pavvento macrumors 6502

If you check out the NY Time and David's Q+A's he says that the only thing bluetooth can be used for is connecting a hands free device. I personally was looking forward to connecting it to my computer (as I do now) especially if you travel and don't want to carry the dock with you for syncing. Sorry if this was posted anywhere else but I was wondering what you guys think.

2. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

yeah. i agree it sucks...but what can ya do...

3. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

so it wont even be able to transfer files from my mac or even another cell phone?

4. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

WHAT!?

No sending files over bluetooth to other devices either? I dont know how I missed out on this info. Thats enough to almost make me not want the darn thing after all.

5. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

6. pavvento thread starter macrumors 6502

Apparently not, you have to use the cradle to sync with the computer, and I guess the only way to get stuff off another phone is to sync that with the same computer, which could mean buying software and a data cable.

I really don't understand why features that are so basic (bluetooth, mp3 ringtones etc.) are left off this revolutionary device.

7. pavvento thread starter macrumors 6502

I know edge is slow, but tethering is great when you're in a jam and need to send out a longer email that would take too long to type on the phone, or if you want to access iChat (especially since it's not on the phone).

8. Sal510 macrumors member

9. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

receive songs from what? no, there is not way to receive songs via bluetooth from anything. headsets only.