Resolved No Bluetooth pairing under bootcamp (tbMPB 2106)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TiT38, Dec 29, 2016.

1. TiT38 macrumors member

TiT38

Hello

I have a new 15 tbMBP 2.6/1TB/460 and I am definitively very happy with it...except

except that I cannot pair anything in bluetooth, under bootcamp and windows 10 : Bose headset, Logitech MX anywhere 2, blackberry (yes shame on me, but it's my job's phone).

it says "not available" or in the lower right popup "put the device closer" . And NEVER have accepted any pairing with any bluetooth device.
    I noticed that after first bootcamp installation, the apple utilities installed a bluetooth driver...is it faulty

My other macbook (2013) pairs everything under windows 10/bootcamp

Please note that everything works perfectly under MacOs.
    My problem is that I need to use my headset and mouse when playing under Windows

Do you have any idea, or have met this issue.
    Is there a place to download a driver in case mine was faulty

Thank you for your help

2. SteveJUAE, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016

SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to the driver in control panel/device manger/Bluetooth ?

You can always try update driver option etc or look directly in the bootcamp download and find the driver exe or setup and run manually

It's not uncommon to have to re-run some of the winsetup files again even though you think they were installed ok

For what it's worth there was no bootcamp BT driver for the MB when it was 1st released but works fine now

3. TiT38, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016

TiT38 thread starter macrumors member

TiT38

Thank you

checking the drivers was the first thing I did...they look OK, no exclamation mark.

I did a manual install of the bootcamp drivers that I downloaded from the bootcamp utilities.. no result
    the strange thing is that they are dated for November the 24th, and a new BT (and only this one ) was updates by the utilities after full BC drivers install.

What is strange too is that BT on my other MBP bootcamp works very well, so there is a driver for that.
    maybe the actual driver does not fit the late 2016 hardware.

could some one try to pair (edit : not paint )something with a late 2016 MBP under BC ?
    thank you

4. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Pair not Paint ? :)

Did you try roll back driver ?

Also could DL the Mackbook 12 bootcamp BT driver that works as longshot

5. TiT38 thread starter macrumors member

TiT38

Pair ... lol. edited above

thank you

Do you know where to find former BT drivers for bootcamp ? I've only found the last ones

6. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

I just looked at my wifes on her MB 12" they are dated 01/01/2014 there's 3 files AppleBluetooth/Broardcominstaler/Enablerinstaller/installer

You use to be able to do a direct download from Apple of the bootcamp software, not looked for sometime sorry

7. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

In Windows 10 under device manager there should be an option for "roll back driver". Double click the Bluetooth device and click roll back driver.

I had a very similar problem with the GPU driver on my 13" TB, windows automatically updated it to a newer driver that did not function correctly. I was able to roll back to the original boot camp driver and correct the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if windows is also pushing other incompatible drivers.

8. TiT38 thread starter macrumors member

TiT38

Thank you for your help. I will test this tomorrow.

Imho it's only a driver issue because the hardware works with macOS

9. TiT38 thread starter macrumors member

TiT38

Hello

No way to roll back driver, the option is grey-ed
    May I should wait for driver update

Did someone met the non-pairing BT issue on the new tbMBP under bootcamp? And W10. nothing is pairing, the devices are seen by pairing utility, but pairing process doesn't Work

Thank you

10. TiT38 thread starter macrumors member

TiT38

up, please someone could test a BT pairing with a freshly bootcamp W10 installed (with BT driver auto-updatded)

thank you

11. TiT38 thread starter macrumors member

TiT38

Solution found !

First of all I did the command option p+r (waiting 20sec at startup) to reset the pram (or nvram, don't remember)

Then I could pair under bootcamp, but sound on bt headset or mouse'moves were laggy as hell

In fact There is an incompatibility between 2.4 ghz wifi and Bluetooth. I connected to my router only with 5ghz and everything works now

Waiting for an update of the wifi/BTS drivers

12. Patrick-Photo macrumors regular

2.4gHz issues are common. my bluetooth mouse has it with an HP notebook as well as both the Macbook Pros I had. I read somewhere it had to do with which block of bandwith the wi-fi was using in relation to the bluetooth frequency.

13. esaelias macrumors regular

esaelias

when you say re install driver how? i have a logitech mx anywhere can you aid how to install boot camp drivers?

14. leman macrumors 604

I am also unable to pair my MX Anywhere 2 mouse under Windows 10, works great with OS X. Other devices (speakers/headphones) however pair without problems. I am using a 5Ghz wifi network. So its a general issue? Its kind of a big deal to me because I don't need the mouse when I'm working with OS X actually...

15. esaelias macrumors regular

esaelias

you know for a second it worked then stopped...people are saying to uninstall the drivers and re install bootcamp drives its s driver issue..i need it too as sumtyms i play skyim and need the mouse

16. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

I'm sure Leman (being an IT guru) would of tried to delete the drivers and re-install so if he can't it must be some compatibility issue with the MX and Apples drivers under bootcamp

Else you can delete the drivers from the control panel device manager then re-install using the have disk option and locate the file from the bootcamp drivers you downloaded to install W10