No Bluetooth Track fwd/back in 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 4DThinker, Jun 17, 2009.

1. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I've got 3.0 on my 2nd gen touch, and have been testing it's bluetooth with my assorted headsets. So far NONE are able to change the track over bluetooth to the Touch. Play/Pause/Stop works. No Volume interaction either.

So I'm a little disappointed. Bluetooth sounds great, but I'm used to being able to control volume at the device with my Samsng players (T10, P2, P3), and even my iriver SPINN. Anything else I have with bluetooth at least lets me change tracks from the headphones. Looks like Apple still has some work to do.

The Touch also slows down incredibly if you stop then disconnect your headphones. The Touch doesn't seem to know how to deal with a lost connection. In settings/general Bluetooth became unselectable until I turned the touch OFF then back on.

4D

2. 4DThinker thread starter macrumors 68020

Bump... I'm finding bluetooth A2DP very buggy. It's not good at changing headphones. Doesn't seem to know what to do when you want to switch to a a different set. It'll drop the first pair, and pair to the second... for a second, but drop the second pairing on it's own. AVRCP is unfinished, with no track control enabled. In Bluetooth settings it will claim to be discoverable, but as far as I can tell there are no protocals in place to make it worth discovering.

Anyone else who is playing with Bluetooth on 3.0 please add your observations.

3. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

4. 4DThinker thread starter macrumors 68020

No. They added a bluetooth chip to the 2nd gen, and restricked it to Nike function until this firmware update.