No Bluetooth Volume control on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ryanide, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ryanide macrumors 6502

I have a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 Navigation DVD in my car and the bluetooth with my new iPhone 4 does not allow the volume to be adjusted, like I could do with the 3G iPhone.

So, the caller's voice is really loud and the echo is very bad. On the 3G I could use the volume buttons on the iPhone to turn down the caller's voice which made the echo mostly go away. Now, the volume buttons do nothing.

Anyone having problems with their jawbone or other headsets? I was thinking I may have to switch to one of those instead...?

2. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

My Jawbone Icon works just fine, I have a ton of friends that yell in their phone as if the phone can't hear them so I adjust all the time.

3. ckennel macrumors newbie

No Bluetooth Volume control on iPhone 4

I have the same Problem with my Pioneer Avic-Z1 Nav unit. It is incredibly annoying that I cannot adjust the volume because it is LOUD. So loud I can no longer use the bluetooth connectivity. Maybe Pioneer will release an update but their updates are typically few and far between.

I thought I saw an iPhone app somewhere in the store that addressed this issue but I cannot find the link or the name of the app.

Keep me posted if you find a fix.

4. AvicMike macrumors newbie

AViC Z-1 Bluetooth Volume Help

I just switched from OS 3 to 4 and was dismayed that I no longer had easy Vol Control via the Iphones vol buttons. The solution is to open you Avic settings tab then click on Volume and then adjust the "Phone Voice" volume to a mid acceptable level without echo. If I travel on a long trip while using the bluetooth interface, I leave that Phone Voice setting on screen as too many people shout into their mouthpieces especially when in a noisy car so this allows for immediated adjustments. Hope this helps!
    P.S> I had a similar problem with my old Blackberry where the volume was overmodulated and Pioneer wasn't interested in supporting a fix then so I got rid of the phone.

5. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I can control the volume on my blueant q1 no problem. Whether from the ear piece or from the phone. I'm not sure what the issue is here for u guys?

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Thats an iOS4 thing, not specific to the iphone4. On my Jeep with MyGig nav/radio system, I control the bluetooth phone volume with the regular radio volume control dial.

7. AvicMike macrumors newbie

AViC Z-1 Bluetooth Volume

No question guys that this is an OS 4 triggered issue as it only occurred when i switched my 3GS phone to the OS 4 system. AVIC-Z-1 thru Z-3 are a first generation Pioneer 20gig library and map storage radio, DVD & XM 7" display car audio device with an outboard bluetooth adapter. We couldn''t control the volume speakerphone with the radios VC before and now also can't control it with the the iPhone 3 or 4's volume controls.

As I said before, the Pioneer AVIC's bluetooth volume must be controlled with the submenu settings phone voice volume setting and it's most doubtful that Pioneer will come up with an update just for this 2006 era device.