no boot after 10.5.2 update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WICK3D, Feb 11, 2008.

1. WICK3D macrumors member

WICK3D

I installed the 10.5.2 update 3xxMB one.

then rebooted and it stays there forever. i booted in verbose mode and it stops when it detects the airport card.

I have booted with the install disc and i ran disk utility and then repair disk, but is the same...

anyone knows how to solve this?¡

thanks in advice

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

first define forever... because it does sit there for a good while...next try resetting the pram i guess (google: resetting PRAM)

its worth a try

3. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Yah after a big update it is going to hang on startup for a while, it's normal. So you have to tell us what forever is.

4. WICK3D thread starter macrumors member

WICK3D

hehehe ok... mmm i waited like 3 hours or so.

Im running an extended hardware test. then i will do the reset pram nvram thing

thanks

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

yeah that qualifies for call for help...umm, try resetting the pram i guess, that usually resets a lot of settings to default and fixes a lot of problems

6. WICK3D thread starter macrumors member

WICK3D

done the reseting of pram... im botting now, it still hangs on AirPort_athr5424ab:....

any other tips? i can boot in single user mode tho

7. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

8. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

I first did it through software update and it blew my system out of the water. It went most of the way throught the install and then said something to the effect of . . ."can't install the software. Contact your software manufacturer. Restart." Then it just hung on the restart. Thank God for Time Machine. I restored from TM after trying a permissions repair that didn't help. When I got everything back up, I downloaded the Combo updater and everything went fine after that. This is the first time I've ever had trouble like this.