No bootable device? hur wtf

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by seven.z, Dec 5, 2008.

1. seven.z macrumors newbie

As the thread suggest

whenever i start up my macbook it stays at the white screen .. after a while it turns black with that on top .. no bootable device -- insert boot disc and press any keys ..:confused:

What's up with that ?:mad:

so am i suppose to live with this and having to press alt when i start up or is there a way to fix this?
    Please help .. its irritating

Also i have one single stuck pixel.. cant seem to fix it by rubbing , tapping or playing video with flash of RGB.. i also know i cant change my screen just because of 1 pixel but heh come on .. my sis paid 1.2k for her asus and i paid 2k for mine.. with are of equivalent hardware .. 2gb ram 160gb hdd damn damn damn damn damn damn!:cool:

HELPPPPPP~

Thanks in advance!
    :apple:

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Try resetting your PRAM by holding cmd+opt+p+r on boot. This reset the default boot location and might do the trick.

Regarding the stuck pixel I have seen some people say that this sort of thing works for it. In Widget form http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/status/pixelfix.html

If it doesn't work maybe phone apple and see what they say.

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

you need to select the boot device, do this by going into System Prefs>Startup disk and select the boot drive that you want to always boot.

as for the pixel, you cant really do anything, might have to put up with it...try rubbing it harder, give it more love :p

4. seven.z thread starter macrumors newbie

ahhh thanks alot! it worked!:D

hmm but the stucked pixel hahahahahhhaha im so pissed off haha:mad:

Thanks again!:D

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

awsome, glad to have helped!

sorry to hear about the stuck pixel, my gf's laptop is stuck too and its a pain in the ass!! im just happy its not my laptop :p

6. seven.z thread starter macrumors newbie

haha ... damnnNN~~~

it seems like alot ppl has this problem haha:D

Anyway thanks alot~

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

no worries mate :)