no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dannyhv, Feb 14, 2014.

1. dannyhv, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014

dannyhv macrumors newbie

First of all sorry for my english :$

Hi , i got a Macbook pro late 2011(using mavericks) with dual drive ,i took the superdrive out in order to get the ssd in and it works GREAT :D but...

I now need to install Windows 7 , what i have done is modify a .plist archive of the bootcamp package to make it think my MBP is a macbook Air after i did this i got to do the bootcamp partiton but when the syste rebooted I did not recognize the booteable usb :/

I have installed rEFIt but it dosent show the usb either

any possible solution?

PD: the partition was made in the secondary HDD because i didnt let me select the SSD !
    Thanks.

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

You can try following the instructions here. Otherwise, you're going to have to replace the SuperDrive and install Windows from that.

3. dannyhv thread starter macrumors newbie

If i replace the HDD for the SDD and put the superdrive back in do the bootcamp and then swap everything again you think ill have any problem?

4. Mike Boreham macrumors 65816

That will work.

5. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

That's what I do. No issues whatsoever, and it takes me less time overall than fiddling with the VMWare method I linked to above.

6. dannyhv thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i think is going to be the easiest thing to do :D i will post when im done.

Should i use windows 8 or 7?

7. dannyhv thread starter macrumors newbie