No bootcamp.pkg. Bust Install DVD.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by puzzlebobble, Jun 10, 2009.

1. puzzlebobble macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I need to install windows to run a PC only piece of software for work (clampfit).

I have a late 2007 Macbook with 10.5.7. There is no boot camp assistant anywhere. This appears to be a known issue:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1889?viewlocale=en_US

I tried to install bootcamp.pkg from the install disk 1. However it makes like a washing machine and crashes (other cd/dvd work fine).

Does anyone know where I can download a copy? I haven't time to go to an apple shop to get a new DVD just now.

Alternatively, if anyone has it easily accessible and could upload it for me that would be brilliant:

https://fileexchange.imperial.ac.uk/External/default.aspx and put in the e-mail address e.berger@imperial.ac.uk

Many thanks

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Unfortunately, I don't think uploading the Boot Camp Assistant app would fix the problem completely. It MIGHT, but it's better to let Apple's installer do the work of putting everything where it needs to go.

It's not available for download either, so I would suggest calling Apple, letting them know your situation, and seeing what solution(s) they have. Failing that, you're going to be best off getting a Leopard retail disc and using that to install Boot Camp, or waiting for Snow Leopard.

3. puzzlebobble thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Wrldwzrd89,

thanks for replying. The advice from apple is:

"To reinstall the Boot Camp Assistant from the DVD set, follow these steps:

Insert the Mac OS X Install Disc 1.
    Select Go to Folder and type:
    /Volumes/Mac OS X Install Disc 1/System/Installation/Packages
    Double-click BootCamp.pkg to reinstall the Boot Camp Assistant."

Do you think this advice is wrong or does double-clicking on bootcamp.pkg also load something else on the DVD?

Many thanks

E

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Apple's advice is correct. If your Install DVD still isn't working, you'll need to request a new set. Apple does do this, for a small fee.

5. puzzlebobble thread starter macrumors newbie

I spoke to applecare.

We went through installing the .PKG independently, booting into safe mode, booting to the DVD etc.......just to conclude the DVD was shot.

Fair enough, they have to check for themselves.

Anyway, you were right and new disks are in the post :) . For free :) . Sadly 4-7 days :(

6. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Don't worry, it only took a few days for my replacement disc for leopard to come.