No Bootcamp (w10) statrtup disk in settings

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by rr-obin, Aug 27, 2015.

1. rr-obin macrumors newbie

hey everyone,
    I have succesfully installed win 10 on my imac (27" late 2013, Yosemite 10.10.5).
    I´m able to startup W10 by holding option key while starting computer, in W10 I have choosed OSX as a startup disk.
    I would like to build a VM W10 (in Parallels 9) from that installation but neither Parallels nor OS X could not see windows 10 partition... in attached picture...
    Does anybody know whats wrong?
    (I have tried disconnect all external HDD, W10 botcamp is made as a partition on internal HDD

Attached Files:

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I think this is a known issue for Yosemite running BootCamp.
    El Capitan seems ok for this case.

3. rr-obin thread starter macrumors newbie

thx,
    i tried to find if it is "known issue" but with no luck ;-)
    is there any other option to have W10 bootcamp partiton and in OS X (Yosemite) make VM (paralles, fusion,..??) from that W10 partition??

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Uh, I may probably suggest you try it out by putting a trial version of VMware fusion on your Mac to see what would happen. You can try parallel as well.

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

If you do get Parallels to see your Bootcamp partition you'll still need a separate license for your Windows 10 VM.
    Windows 10 isn't like 7 or 8 and it will deactivate every time you switch between the two unless they each have their own license.

6. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Windows 10 license is not the main concern I think. This user has difficulty finding the boot camp partition under Mac OS X.

7. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

OP can show the windows partition in disk utility ?

8. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Op says it is not possible to show the Windows partition in disk utility.

9. rr-obin thread starter macrumors newbie

I´ve done what I wanted... :)
    There is still not able to chose bootcamp partition WIN10 as a sturtup disk in preferences settings.
    But I was able to make Parallels to see BootcampWin10 partition and make VM from that partition!!!
    And it was big surprise how much integrated could be another OS (in coherence mode).
    So finally, i have two bootable systems - OSX and WIN10 - and the same win10 systen running under Parallels like VM..
    Thanks for support.