No build quality complaints from the masses!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotobadger, Jun 27, 2010.

1. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Interesting...

With all the reception issue posts and complaints about yellow screen I have really not seen any complaints about build quality!

What happened to the light leak posts and the uneven bezel complaints? No one has a problem with dust under the screen? Nice!

I have to admit, the iPhone 4 is pretty darn solid!

-Badger

2. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

Agreed. one of the best build gadgets I have ever owned!

EricE

3. diabolic macrumors 68000

Definitely the best built phone I've ever held.

4. Built macrumors 68020

I agree. Beautiful build. No light leak. A great little package.

I'm waiting anxiously for my Wrapsol and my bumper, so that I can keep it looking good.

This thing is tight.

(That's what he said. :D)

5. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Definitely the most precision built piece of electronics I have ever owned. I love the new design. It really does look and feel like and old Leica camera or a design from Braun. Even though Ives is an English man this design screams German Industrial style.

6. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

Best build quality and has the greatest battery i have ever owned.

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Good point. That's usually one of the first complaints out of the box.

This thing is solid. I doubt people could find something to complain about that isn't a unit specific defect.

8. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

It's unbelievable that someone hasn't spouted off a hate message about the dreaded reception issues. This phone is insane. Absolutely exceeded my expectations and is truly the best phone out there right now.

9. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

I think the haters are so stupefied by this positivity that their heads have all exploded in rage! :p

10. gecis macrumors regular

with all the issues I have with this phone, still I would NEVER go back to holding any other phone again. Once you hold this thing in your hands you cant go back.

11. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

I'm going to have to stop myself from babying it. It's a finely built device.

12. motty2307 macrumors regular

I agree, this is the best phone I've ever owned. Great build quality and other than the reception issues that are plaguing this thing, I don't have any complaints. The screen is what amazes me the most. SJ was right; once you use a retina display, you won't be able to go back.

13. wake6830 macrumors regular

I agree. I finally upgraded from the iPhone 2G, which was by far the best phone I've ever had and one of the neatest pieces of tech I've owned. The iPhone 4 blows it out of the water - I honestly do not think I've owned anything else that is/was of such high quality design and manufacture.

14. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

15. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I agree totally with the above. Even though I keep mine in a case, soon to be an Otterbox Defender, I get to take it out and enjoy when very safe. ;)

16. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

Just don't drop it.

17. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

It's refreshing to see some threads with positive comments. :)

I agree with others above. I love iPhone 4.

PS I'm surprised of build consistency Apple products have, when they're made in China. (Not saying Chinese workers are unskilled or anything, they are quite the opposite, but you would think these iPhones would have to be made in Germany or somewhere.)

18. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

Amazing quality that's for sure, I'm having a hell of a time killing this battery too lol.

19. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

The iphone 4 ranks up their with the sexiest gadgets of all time. I'm starting to think that Johnny ive is possessed by dieter rams :)

20. orijinal macrumors 6502

orijinal

There have been posts about dust, debris, dead pixels, uneven volume buttons, incorrectly placed volume buttons, etc.

21. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

Well i don't have any of that and all i can speak from is personal experience :D
    And Tardis (Which is what i named my iPhone) doesn't have any of this wrong with it.

22. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

I hear ya, when i was killing my battery after its first charge it took forever. From 8am to after 6pm I was constantly streaming music via 3G or WiFi depending on where I was, playing Need For Speed as often as I could, or using the MLB app streaming the audio and keeping it on gameday which keeps the screen on. I couldn't believe how long it was taking to kill it. Very impressive.

23. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I read a review where the reviewer mention that the iPhone 4 reminded him of a Sony gadget from the 70's/80's when all Sony electronics were still built in Japan...As a former Sony FanBoy, I have to agree...my older Sony electronics were extremely well built and very stylish and are still working...
    Very well done Apple...a HUGE upgrade from the cheap plasticky 3G and 3GS...:apple:

24. rotobadger thread starter macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Very few with little or no response. In fact, check the first couple of pages on iPhone forum. I didn't see any build quality complaints!

Nice! :D

25. Cambot macrumors regular

Agreed. The Sony Trinitron my parents gave me in 1992 still works perfectly.

There is an eyelash under the glass of my 3G phone and I didn't complain or really notice it if unless the screen was off.

I have the reception issue but it's never caused me to drop a call and when I use it otherwise I'm just mindful of the corner and have zero problems.
    It's a beautiful device and the pros far outweigh the cons.