No Calendar or Reminders Widget in Notification Center

pleomorph

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
This issue has me stumped:
The "Today" view of my Notification Center is missing the Calendar and Reminder widgets (see attached image). I've tried killing the Notification Center process, rebooting, and I have checked the Privacy settings (Notification Center has not requested access to my Calendar or Reminders, so it was not listed there).

Does anyone have any ideas how to get them to show up? They are on my Macbook but not my Mac Mini (2012). Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Read your post - tried myself to get my calendar to show up in notification center. It currently is not working for me either. Doing some research - maybe someone has some incites.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I am not getting anything in the notification center on my iMac except for a little program I purchased called Deliveries.

On my MacBook Pro, all the widgets are there.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
This is probably an obvious suggestion you already checked, but just in case; did you check "Notifications" in "System Preferences" to ensure "Calendar" is properly configured?
Yes, everything is checked in "Notifications" Like I said everything is there in my MacBook Pro, but not on the iMac. Same settings on both machines.

pleomorph

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
I haven't tried this yet, but there appears to be a fix in another thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1802630

So i had the same issue, what i did to solve it, is what follows:
Went into Macintosh HD ▸ System ▸ Library ▸ Frameworks ▸ NotificationCenter.framework ▸ PlugIns
here you can find the widgets you have installed in you mac, what I did was change the name of weather into com.apple.ncpluggin.Weather.appex ; and stocks into com.apple.ncpluggin.Stocks.appex , I'm not sure if this was necessary, though.
Then I just double clicked in each one, it will open with widget simulator app, press the green button and voila, they now appear in my notification center.