No cameral flash?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by busterbluth, Feb 28, 2011.

1. busterbluth macrumors 6502

Just curious why none of the mock ups have a camera flash for the ipad. I understand that very few will use this as a true point and shoot, but most other tables (xoom) have a flash. It seams like it would be easy to add on. Any thoughts? Personally I use my iphone 4 flash as a light more than anything, but I wouldnt mind having this on feature on the ipad2.

2. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Why would it? People want smaller cameras not big tables to take pictures with. I have an iPad now and it never crossed my mind ,"hey I wish I had a camera with flash for those dark situations".

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

Why not seek out the guys who made the mock-ups and ask them? Kind of silly to get bent out of shape worrying about someone's speculation of what the iPad will look like.

4. busterbluth thread starter macrumors 6502

so just cause you would never use it no one else would? as i said most other newer tablets do

5. Davichi macrumors 6502

Most other tablets do, but apple never cares about what others do. They do their own things. If apple sees that it is not necessary, they will not put it in to cut the costs down.

Apple will justify that camera flash is another way to take down the battery life.

I expect the camera from iPod touch to show up in iPad 2.

6. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

In my insignificant, and speculative opinion:

The iPad 2 will have the same camera as the 2G / 3G or 3Gs' camera.

The iPad 3 will have the same camera (with flash) as the iPhone 4.

The iPad 4 will have the same camera as the iPhone 5: 8mp, with 1080p and dual LED flash.

The iPad 5 will have the same camera as the iPhone 6: 8mp, with 1080p, slow motion (120fps), dual LED flash and xenon flash.

7. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

Was just about to post this theory myself. Apple could push an amazing 1080p 12mp camera, but why would they? It's a definite improvement they can implement later.

8. poloponies macrumors 68030

Everybody has their own agenda as to what Apple should include in their next update along with theories as to what Apple's holding back. Apple has a price target on where they want the next iPad to end up and that means compromise on what's included. Motorola or Blackberry are in "make or break" mode where they need massive adoption of their respective platforms so they can shave profit margins. Apple has a business model that they need to adhere to.