No care+ for iPad mini retina

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Aimr, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Aimr macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Yesterday I got an iPad mini retina 128 cellular and was very happy :) But as I tried to purchase the Apple care + I got mad! Now two Days and about 6 h guided work on this problem later the Apple Service still fails to sell the Care+ as they can not perform the so called diags "simple Test". The comment of the call center "higher" technician was: "i cant help you, we dont now about this Problem" and he left me alone with this Problem and ironically he gave me his call through Number to call ihm if I get a Solution for this Problem.

in the end i was in the Shop again where neither they are not allowed to sell the Care+ nor they could find the problem. So now??? Does anyone has an idea or had the same problem?

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

If you have had your iPad for less than 2 days - and it won't run the diagnostic test that is needed for the AppleCare + - then it seems obvious that you have a bad iPad (even though it is new)
    If the diagnostic test won't run, then you should return the iPad for one that works.

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Yes, as DeltaMac says, if the iPad is only a few days old and it's failing the diagnostic test, there must be something wrong and you should exchange it for another one.

It's always a good idea (and saves a lot of hassle!) to buy Applecare+ at the same time as the iPad.

4. ScottW1 macrumors regular

It is a known problem (remote diagnostic failing on rMini with 7.0.4), I think there are at least two other threads about it here but I could only locate this one:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1677384&highlight=diagnostics

Sounds like if you are insistent enough and get the right AppleCare rep, they will eventually admit it is a system problem and offer to sell without the diagnostic. Alternately, other customers have been able to purchase by going to an Apple store and getting a physical inspection instead of the remote diagnostic.

5. Mactroki macrumors member

I am the OP of the thread mentioned.

Yes you have to insist but also to be lucky to find a smart guy at Apple. I think they offer great support compared to many other companies but sometimes they don't have any clue and you have to push them a bit.

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

You are better off going into an Apple store if you have one in the area. They only have to see it power on, no visible damage etc to sell it to you. And if you bought it via Apple they might be willing to just swap it if you nicely tell them what was going on and bring box etc with you. Since it isn't that old

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

Or buy squaretrade which requires no diagnostic
    Just be sure you understand what you get with Squaretrade