No case for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ozzyman500, Feb 4, 2009.

1. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

How many of you do not use a case or shield on your iPhone? I'm currently using the Apple socks for my iPhone and it tends to work better for my classic. I'm pretty careful with my Apple products and try my hardest not to drop them. Do you think it's safe to go without any casing at all?

2. schizoidwoman macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.
  3. deadsouls macrumors regular

well the screen is made of glass and the back scratches easily. so obviously its not safe. really depends on how careful you are.

4. siorai macrumors 6502

Since the screen is glass it's not going to scratch very easily at all unless you're carrying diamonds or shards of sparkplugs in your pocket. A screen protector is basically pointless as far as I'm concerned. Yes, the back scratches a bit. Not easily though. I can only see the scratches a tiny bit in the Apple logo. If you want scratches you should see the back of my iPod. :p

For me, since I can actually take care of my possessions a case is just a waste of money. I'm also not obsessive compulsive about my possessions. Things are meant to be used and will show signs of wear over time and I'm quite fine with that. As well, I like the size of the iPhone. In fact I wish it was a bit smaller sometimes. Adding on a silicone case would just be backwards thinking as far as I'm concerned.

5. schizoidwoman macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.

And if you're carrying diamonds in your pockets, you're going to have any problems replacing a damaged screen... :D

I have a case but not a protector; a friend of mine does have a protector but I prefer to use the screen without, though I know some people swear by them!

6. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

damn diamonds in my pocket...always messing stuff up.

i have a case for my iphone...it sits nicely on my computer desk. (i dont use it.)

as for a shield...i love the antiglare screen cover i picked up at the apple store.
    it actually makes the screen feel better IMO.

7. ozzyman500 thread starter macrumors 65816

8. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

most people fail to realize that glass isn't that hard

sure diamonds will scratch glass, but so will certain types of metal, such as sand from the beach, certain kinds of concrete, etc

Here's the best kind of advice i can give you

a) if you are a mindful person, and remember to not carry your keys and your iPhone in the same pocket then you don't need a case

b) If you are a person that tends to drop things, is concerned about scratching their phone, then get a case

I use to have a shield on my phone but now its naked.. I really like the feel of the phone without any case at all.

9. Dreamo84 macrumors newbie

I'm worried about the screen from what i hear it scratches easy, dont care about the back. But i'm using a case anyways cause it covers the edges of the screen protector.

10. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

No case on mine, but I do ave an Invisible Shield on the back and a Power Support antiglare on the display.

11. rc51aaron macrumors member

lmao

12. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I use a pouch with my iPhone 4, because my pockets seem to be lint attractors. And since months of using the pouch, the ports on my iPhone are dust and lint free. Naked iPhone too :)

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use the Apple bumper and no shield. No scratches on my glass.

14. Geffen macrumors 6502

I use a rubber case and also i use a screen protector for my iphone 4, I dont want to risk shattering or scratching the iphone. To me its an investment i want to protect.

15. Annerz macrumors regular

I think you should definitely have a case no matter how careful you are. And a screen protector if you're mostly worried about that.

16. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Zagg shield for the back Crystal for the front. Sena pouch when Im at work and Naked the rest of the time. :D......I do own a pixelskin hd that I love, an orange bumper and several otterbox commuter cases and 2 defender cases. I use none of the otterboxes anymore and the orange bumper when Im in any New York Knick or mets gear!! BUT still I love a naked iphone...if it gets scratched so be it.:cool:

17. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

You guys do realize this is a thread from feb 2009

18. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Nostalgia :D

19. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I just use a case with no screen shield. I'm pretty clumsy and it's the only reason why I use a case or I'd go naked.