No Cases Anywhere

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by avilla86, Sep 15, 2010.

1. avilla86 macrumors newbie

I can't find a single retail store in the central valley who has a case for the new iPod touch. What gives?

I'm planning on driving 30 minutes out of my way later tonight to hit up a 24hour walmart that has the 32Gb in stock and I want to keep it from getting scratched.

Will a cheap silicon case for a 3G fit the new touch until I can get a proper one?

I think I heard someone say they're using saran wrap on the back until they get a case. Sounds ghetto but I'm willing to do anything to keep that back as scratch free as possible.

Any other tips or ideas?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There are no cases because Apple released the dimensions for the iPod Touch 4G the same day Steve Jobs showed it off on stage. I think a case from a 1G iPod Touch would fit it better then a 2G/3G case.

3. gdkid2010 macrumors regular

Best Buy has some. That is where I got mine. It's the Griffin Hard Shell case. Really good.

4. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

was at best buy today and they were updating all the cases in the ipod section. Putting out new ipod touch cases

5. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Purchased a dermashot silicone case from incipio. The Price is great and it comes with a cloth, stand and protective shield for the screen.

6. wootwootman macrumors member

cali san joaquin valley? nope. couldnt find one anywhere in fresno, as of 2 days ago.

7. Panther71 macrumors regular

Ironically, local Best Buy is starting to stock iPod Touch cases, but they have yet to get more than a few Touches in stock at one time. I have been calling every day for a week and no 64 gb's in stock.

8. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

Incase

I am waiting patiently to see what iPod touch cases come out. I do want an iPod touch 4G but I want to see Incase's new design for the slider. I wonder how long some of these companies took to get their product out for the iPhone 4.

Is a screen protector still valuable to put on the new display of the iPod touch? I was wondering because the iPhone 4 screen is nice and some were critical of the screen protectors making the screen distort and not as nice.

9. Cat-toy macrumors member

Central Valley NY?

Go to BB and grab a case, Belkin 2pack or Grip or even Griffin Reveal.
    Go outside

10. wootwootman macrumors member

lol. the entire stae of new york can almost fit in california's central valley. but im sure your's is nice too :eek:

11. Cat-toy macrumors member

Hehe, I don't live in Central Valley NY, but I hear ya Cali is geographically larger than New york.

MY EX lived in in a place called Central Valley so I was telling the OP to got to the local BB there.

CV is nice here with the mountains and stuff, but it makes my ears pop as I'm a city guy :)

12. wootwootman macrumors member

no i wasnt talking about the whole state of california, just our central valley, where a majority of your food comes from. but yeah im like 4 hours from any "real" major city. but its a good thing i ordered my case online.

13. avilla86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I'm in the CA central valley. Local BB has every old case on clearance but no new cases.

Im ashamed to say that my shiny new iPod is gently covered in saran wrap at the moment. I made sure to not touch it with bare hands even as I opened it. Looks like it won't be leaving my computer desk until I bring home a case and a screen shield.

It's freakin sweet though~!:D

14. skiltrip macrumors 68030

But there were obviously leaks. I believe the eBay cases from hong kong were available the same day or maybe even before. I bought a couple the day after the keynote and they fit perfectly.

15. chutch15 macrumors newbie

I got a Belkin Grip Vue for my 4th Gen Touch in Delaware last Sunday.

16. skiltrip macrumors 68030

The Hong Kong sellers I've bought from are Ashopone (bought from him 2 or 3 times), and Bakeepstore. Both sell identical items (from what I can tell). Same price, same shipping time. Not bad cases. I have 7 silicone cases total, and it only cost me $6 and change.

17. Outrun1986 macrumors 6502

It looks like there are more cases on ebay now, they are an excellent value especially if you just want an extra case or just want something cheap.

18. gdkid2010 macrumors regular

So was I until I called Target one afternoon and they had about 10 64gb in stock!

19. Sphynx macrumors newbie

Yeah Target in Colonie NY, has 200 iPods (of all sizes and its the 4th gen) in stock, and aparently they cannot selll them until next monday, however they sold me one yesterday! Woot, but they dont have cases, Wallmart doesn't either, I am gonna check the Apple store near me, as well as BestBuy. I am using a black silicon case from my 2nd gen ipod, and it doesnt fit well, but it keeps it from getting scratched for the time being.

20. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I have family in Central Valley, and I used to live in Orange County, NY myself.

21. suchnsuch macrumors newbie

I went to Best Buy today and they were putting up Belkin cases for the new touch. I bought a cheaper silicone case because I didn't like any of the design/colors of the belkins though.

22. Sphynx macrumors newbie

As did I, whereabouts? If you don't mind my asking

23. darknyt macrumors 6502a

Stop calling and order one online shipped to your store. I did that and picked it up Monday.

24. TheRealVertical macrumors newbie

I got the same one, it's perfect. Clear acrylic on the back so you can see the shiny chrome and the engraving, and thin rubber bumper aroudn the side which acts as a NICE grip. Then ZAGG on the screen (and the Griffin case actually covers the edges of the ZAGG so it won't peel up over time).

All in all, a great combo.