No Cd/Dvd Drivers found when installing windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tflaga, Aug 30, 2011.

1. tflaga macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am trying to install windows 7 64 bit on this new macbook pro. I got the windows through msdsn because we get windows for free through school. I downloaded windows and created an iso to a dvd. I then insert that dvd when bootcamp tells me to. After that, the mac starts up the installation for windows and prompts me to start installation. I click to start it. Right after that I get a pop up dialog box saying "no cd/dvd drivers are found. Please insert drivers cd or jump drive.(Not exactly what it said but close enough)." I have a cd that i made through bootcamp that has drivers on it. However I can't eject the windows dvd to put that bootcamp cd in(prolly cause theres no driver for the ejection button yet). I also tried putting the drivers on a jump drive. I still can't get passed this point. Any help is greatly appreciated. I need to get this working asap. Lots of school work to do. Thanks

2. pizzafordinna macrumors member

I had this exact same problem so here is the easy answer. your windows 7 CD is defective/corrupt. I contacted microsoft about this error and they send me a free replacement windows 7 in the mail...you could try that. But trust me, the CD your using right now will not work I spent about a month trying to get it to install

3. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

4. tflaga thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't see the disc be damaged being the problem..there must be a better solution.

5. jason221 macrumors 6502

I had this exact same problem and was actually just coming to this forum to post this same question. I'll try fixing the disc. I downloaded the Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 (bootable) iso from http://www.ghacks.net/2011/07/31/windows-7-with-service-pack-1-direct-downloads/ but I think something may have gone wrong when I was burning the disc.

Also, just wondering how to burn to disc. Do I just right-click the iso in Finder and click burn to disc? Or is there something more specific?

6. pizzafordinna macrumors member

I can almost assure you that it's the CD. But if you don't believe me here are some tips. The only way I found to eject the CD is to get a wired USB mouse with a right click button. I then went to the repair option at the start of the installer. Then there was a button that was somthing about drivers. I went to that page and was able to right click on the CD and eject it. I then put in the Driver CD and went back to the error that your getting. When you select the CD (or any of the folders in the CD) The installer says it can't find any drivers.

If Windows 7 installs correctly, you don't put the drivers in till after the entire OS is installed. Not in the middle of installation

7. jason221, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

jason221 macrumors 6502

Burning the iso using Toast worked for me. Not getting that error now.

Not sure if it made a difference, but I burned at 2x. Only took twenty minutes, so it is worth it to avoid errors.

8. pizzafordinna macrumors member

9. tflaga thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I'll try to burn another dvd..maybe using toast? I don't know. But if anybody has a definite solution to this that will get windows 7 on my mac(i dont care how)..please let me know. I would rather not have to go buy windows 7 when i get it for free from msdsn(school). Thanks for all the replies everyone.

10. tflaga thread starter macrumors newbie

well i tried installing another image dvd..but still nothing. Actually I made two more to try(one with isoBurner)(and the other with Toast). I still keep getting the same problem. Any more suggestions?

11. jason221 macrumors 6502

Did you try decreasing the write speed to 2x?