No Cellular After iOS 5 Install

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ibanez81, Jun 10, 2011.

1. ibanez81 macrumors newbie

Thought I would post this here as well...apologies for the redundancy.

I have been using my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.2 jailbroken through PWNAGE Tool 4.3.2.

I decided to use the iTunes 10.5 beta to install iOS 5 to check it out and quickly realized how unusable it is this early in the development. So I restored my iPhone 4 to the official iOS 4.3.3 and then used PWNAGE Tool v4.3.3 to create the custom firmware. Once installed, everything works on the iPhone except the cellular connection to AT&T.

At the moment I am running my iPhone with the official iOS 4.3.3 and it works as it should.

Troubleshooting so far:
    - Restored to official iOS 4.3.3 then created the custom firmware again and installed without the SIM card in
    - Verified the Modem Firmware (Baseband) is still 04.10.01
    - Not sure if my IMEI or ICCID would have changed due to using iOS5 and connecting to AT&T's network (I don't think it could connect anyways)
    - Tried resetting the iPhone through Settings (Reset All Settings, Reset Network Settings)

Questions:
    - Is there any other software on the iPhone that would prevent my SIM from connecting to AT&T's network when running iOS 4.3.3 jailbroken?
    - Would restoring/upgrading with iTunes 10.3.1 versus iTunes 10.5 beta make any difference?

Any thoughts on this is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

By default it's hacktivated. Rejailbreak and uncheck the activation in the general settings in PWNG tool.

3. ibanez81 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks...

Worked like a charm.

Thank you for the suggestion.