Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MSampson

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
I have an iPhone 4S running the latest OS with ATT

I am having an awful time loosing cellular data - can't send or receive text messages, use Safari or Find my Friends etc. I went into the Apple forums looking for help and found posts about the personal hotspot constantly spinning. I looked at mine and it was too. I did a hard reset and it finally stopped spinning and went to set up hotspot. Immediately I got connectivity back. I don't know if that is causing my loosing internet or not but it seems coincidence that when it stopped spinning I got it back.

Simply going into and out of airplane mode and toggling cellular data on and off never restores connectivity. Often it will restore when I leave the building. But I have 3-4 bars of signal and 4G listed as available when I'm inside.

Also, something is chewing up my battery. I was at 100% when I left the house at 8 am and at 65% at 10 am with the phone sitting on the desk doing nothing.

any ideas - this has been bugging me for weeks now. Nobody responded to my query on the Apple forums.

enoC

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Denmark
Have you talked to AT&T about it?

Have you tried doing restore and setting the iPhone up as new? Meaning NO use of backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.