no chance next iphone in july?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whyrichard, May 14, 2011.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hey,

is there no chance that the next iphone will come out in july?
    I forget if it was announced or was just rumored...

seems that the separate iphone/flash is the first time actual hardware was rumored about... is two months not enough time to ramp up production for a new release?

my wife is wondering if she should get a new iphone 4 this week, or to wait till the next one. if it comes out in july, then perhaps wait... if in sep/oct then perhaps not...?

thanks,

r.

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Nothing was ever confirmed/denied by Apple. I would say it was pretty much entirely-debunked after White iPhone 4 launch.

The next iPhone (set for Sept launch?) could already be in production right now, White iPhone 4 is not relevant.

Chances are iPhone 5 will happen in September, or possibly early 2012 (though it wont matter, end of the world 'n all ^_^). I'd say wait, September sounds promising.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You never know with Apple.
    It could be in 2-3 months or 2-3 weeks.
    They can keep a secret well.

4. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Usually the rumor mill is at least close on things like this & they tend to be more optimistic than pessimistic. I doubt you would hear the rumor mill say it will be a Fall release & have it end up as a Summer release.

That said, if you are just looking to upgrade, and you can hold off, I would hold off. You never know what rumor could come out tomorrow.