Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Dropped my 3g this weekend, and the screen shattered. So, since I'm going to have to shell out hundreds of dollars for a replacement, I just want to make sure my gut feeling is right (no new iphone in the coming weeks...).

Because, boy, would I be rip***t if the iPhone 4G (LTE) or the iPhone 3gsFM (radio) came out on tuesday... :rolleyes:

But seriously....

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
really? think: the past iPhones have come out in June/July, so that means, by logic, that the next one (if there is one) won't come out until around then

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
why dont you just get an out of warranty replacement for 199? A lot cheaper than getting a phone out of contract or an early upgrade..?

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
really? think: the past iPhones have come out in June/July, so that means, by logic, that the next one (if there is one) won't come out until around then

Hey, you never know these days....

why dont you just get an out of warranty replacement for 199? A lot cheaper than getting a phone out of contract or an early upgrade..?

How does this work????

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
^

I believe all you have to do is make a genius appointment and tell them you want to get an out of warranty replacement and they will swap out the phone with a refurbished, of the same type and GB for 199. I was at the Apple store yesterday and 3 or 4 people must have done that too. I know they do it for water damage, not sure about shattered screens but I guess all you need to do is just trip the sensors....

Anyone correct me if i'm wrong.

EDIT: http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/service/faq/#warranty7

It says for water damaged or damaged. Everything you need to know is under #7

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I heard from my pizza guy

there was a new model coming out 10-12 he said it was going to be called the 3G S-HQ-HD! going to be a 64GB and a -$100 less then previous models to! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.