No CHARGE for Iphone 3Gs Credit\Debit

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by six212, Jun 19, 2009.

1. six212 macrumors newbie

So a week and a half ago I preordered from an AT&T store and they charged me for the phone. Of course 3 days later the pending dropped off but I haven't been charged since. I picked up my Iphone and during the transaction a charge for the phone was coming up but since I had the reciept of payment they waived it. My question is isn't there suppose to be an automatic re-charge after the phone was shipped or the day of the release (today)?

2. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Yes but it has to be reapplied by AT&T, it doesn’t “automatically” reappear from the bank’s side. Given AT&T’s situation the last couple of days with calls and shipping troubles, I don’t expect a charge for a few more days although the money is sitting in the account either way. I also know, per AT&T’s email, that with online pre-orders they are charging you for the full amount and then giving you an credit for $200, so it will be two separate transactions.

3. TMade09 macrumors newbie

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I bought my iPhone from apple online and noticed this morning I had two pending charges. I'm hoping one will drop off because I'll be spending a thousand dollars for a phone :eek: if not.

5. RickyD53 macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me. I preordered my phone on the 14th at the ATT store and was charged the 257 then the 16th it was dropped. And just now it shows that i was charged the 257 again. Hopefully this means i will be getting my phone sometime sooon.

6. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I wouldn't celebrate yet. There's a chance AT&T may just apply the charge to your next monthly statement. Especially since they have to modify a bunch of orders to have a $200 credit. They may just keep it simple on their part and apply both to ryour monthly statement.

set the money aside. You still owe it.