No Charge for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BraydenJames, Jun 23, 2010.

1. BraydenJames macrumors member

I ordered my iPhone 4 from AT&T at about 4AM on the 15th. Order went up on their website immediately, and it moved to shipping pretty fast, and is now on a Fedex truck coming from Texas to arrive tomorrow :). The funny thing about all this.. Is I've yet to be charged for my phone? I never had a pre-auth charge on my account, never had a hold on my account, nothing. AT&T/Apple hasn't touched my bank account thus far, and the phone is already on it's way to my house.. Lol. Is anyone else in this situation? I thought they usually charged you once they send it out for delivery (how it works with everything else I order online). Am I gonna be charged tomorrow on day of delivery? Did my charge just vanish amidst all the chaos of the ordering and such? Free iPhone 4? :D haha. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat...

Update: It's now past the "Picked Up" stage with Fedex, and onto the "It Transit" stage with it just arriving in Memphis TN." Although this is actually delayed information, because according to Fedex my phone arrived in Memphis at 6AM my local time. Also, just FYI, it's a black 32GB at the fully subsidized price of $299 (early upgrade).

2. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

yeah the exact same thing has happened to me.... though as inefficient as ATT is - im sure they wont forget to charge us! :rolleyes:

Ant

3. themadrussian macrumors regular

My card had an authorization from 6/16 until today, when the authorization disappeared. The phone also shipped today. I'm assuming they will charge me tonight. Heh. Not really worried about it, as at this point the phone is in FedEx's hands.

If there is one thing you can count on, it's that AT&T will get its money, one way or another.

4. BraydenJames thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I figured as much. It's just weird that I've had no authorization or anything. I guess they really trust my $$$. Lol.

5. EstrlM3 macrumors 6502

same has happened to me however i ordered from apple and have not seen a charge nor a hold on my account...

6. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

maybe they will just put it onto our next cell phone bill?

Ant

7. mikeliterus macrumors newbie

I have my phone and have not been charged yet. I am actually using it right now on a conf call. Im sure they will bill us soon though. They did charge earlier, but then took the charge off a few days ago.