No clear answer after search -- my FAN discount = no activation fee.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jnyepu, Aug 16, 2008.

1. jnyepu macrumors member

So if I go to the Apple Store tomorrow and get an iPhone at there, I presume I can call AT&T when I'm home and get my FAN discount applied as well as tell them to waive my activation fee since my FAN discount stipulates a waived activation fee?

2. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

yes.

or you can stop by an at&t store on your way back

but make sure you dont have the fan discount applied to your line if you have at&t already or else i dont think the apple store will let you buy one from them

3. richg916 macrumors regular

Apple told me that I would need to go to the AT&T store to purchase my phone since I have the discount. It depends on your company or type of FAN discount you have whether you get the activation fee waived. I called 3 times and each representative stated that the waived activation was not part of the agreement with my company.

4. jnyepu thread starter macrumors member

New customer to AT&T and never had service with them before.

5. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Someone on howard forums said that they purhcased a phone at the apple store with a fan discount already on the account. Another person replied that this was allowed as of last week. Can anyone here confirm this.

6. dudecati macrumors newbie

Yes - BUT, always a but. You need to contact TT&T, have them remove the discount, buy the phone, then have them reinstate the discount. I went through this and it was a hassle but it did work.