No close tabs, no quick reply, no. ....

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by h00ligan, Sep 13, 2012.

1. h00ligan macrumors 68030

There are some things Missing from iOS which I just don't understand. Why can't we have a button to close all tabs in Safari? Why can't we arrange our home screen with spaces? Why can't we Set a different default browser? Why can't we Reply more easily two messages without having to go through an entire home screen transition? I feel there are some very easy fixes for usability that Apple continues to ignore or overlook- what else is missing that you think should be added?

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

Only option is the jailbreak...sorry. Apple takes its time implementing the smallest features.

3. h00ligan thread starter macrumors 68030

I understand. Jail breaking isn't a good answer for those concerned with corp security though unfortunately.

I'm just surprised such tiny things aren't added yet.

4. negro napoleon macrumors member

5. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Probably not the answer you were looking for but...

You don't need to go to home screen. Just pull down the notification center, tap on the message you want to respond to, and it'll open the messages app right away.

Double tap home button to bring up multitask tray. Left most app was the one you were just using. Tap it and back to where you were. No home screen required.

Now while I agree that a quick reply would be awesome, I nice solution would be after taping a text or message from the notification center it could bring up a quick reply window (similar to how they do it for the new widgets for twitter and facebook), type response, send, then just swipe away the notification. That would be quick and painless. I submitted my idea to http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html. The more people that provide feedback the better change we'll see features we want in future updates.

6. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

I can see your frustration but with regards to responding to texts, just pull down the notification center...