No cMBP update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by majkom, Jun 14, 2013.

1. majkom macrumors 65816

Thats pitty that MBPc has not been updated (ac wifi, haswell CPUs).. i have no choice now:( (I was almost decided to go for 13inch air, but that display, is awful:(

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple doesn't update every product at every event. An update will happen. Just give it time.

3. someguy50 macrumors newbie

Just get it when you need it. Apple laptops retain their value like no other, so feel safe knowing you can resell for a nice chunk of change.

Hell, the cMBP may never be upgraded again for all we know. They could be discontinued once a new rMBP refresh arrives.

4. majkom thread starter macrumors 65816

well, its quite expensive machine, would like to get ac wifi.. if they kill it, that would be sad... i am looking for machine that would substitute my imac.. and air seems to be out of the game, because of display (imac has to go, cause there is no more place for this big guy)

5. scalia4114 macrumors newbie

I think they're probably waiting to outfit the new rMBP's with Thunderbolt 2 and the new wi-fi standard. I'd say they'll be out before year's end. Likely around the same time as the Mac Pro.

6. Bear macrumors G3

I don't know that the rMBP need thunderbolt 2. Apple may have just decided to stagger the releases this year to make it easier on the supply chain.

7. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

Wait until later in the year. They will update the MacBook Pro line and you will likely see the fate of the cMBP.

8. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I think classic MBP is dead now..long live rMBP! :apple: