No cMBP update

majkom

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Thats pitty that MBPc has not been updated (ac wifi, haswell CPUs).. i have no choice now:( (I was almost decided to go for 13inch air, but that display, is awful:(

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Apple doesn't update every product at every event. An update will happen. Just give it time.

someguy50

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2013
Just get it when you need it. Apple laptops retain their value like no other, so feel safe knowing you can resell for a nice chunk of change.

Hell, the cMBP may never be upgraded again for all we know. They could be discontinued once a new rMBP refresh arrives.

majkom

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Just get it when you need it. Apple laptops retain their value like no other, so feel safe knowing you can resell for a nice chunk of change.

Hell, the cMBP may never be upgraded again for all we know. They could be discontinued once a new rMBP refresh arrives.
well, its quite expensive machine, would like to get ac wifi.. if they kill it, that would be sad... i am looking for machine that would substitute my imac.. and air seems to be out of the game, because of display (imac has to go, cause there is no more place for this big guy)

scalia4114

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2013
Chicago, IL
I think they're probably waiting to outfit the new rMBP's with Thunderbolt 2 and the new wi-fi standard. I'd say they'll be out before year's end. Likely around the same time as the Mac Pro.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I think they're probably waiting to outfit the new rMBP's with Thunderbolt 2 and the new wi-fi standard. I'd say they'll be out before year's end. Likely around the same time as the Mac Pro.
I don't know that the rMBP need thunderbolt 2. Apple may have just decided to stagger the releases this year to make it easier on the supply chain.

Rizzm

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2012
well, its quite expensive machine, would like to get ac wifi.. if they kill it, that would be sad... i am looking for machine that would substitute my imac.. and air seems to be out of the game, because of display (imac has to go, cause there is no more place for this big guy)
Wait until later in the year. They will update the MacBook Pro line and you will likely see the fate of the cMBP.