No comments in Facebook email notifications. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Patrick G, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Patrick G macrumors member

At some point during the past week I noticed that Facebook email notifications I receive for posts I'm tagged in no longer include the comment that was left. I actually have to go to the post to view the comment. Anyone else experiencing this? Comments for posts made by me are still being included in those email notifications. It's only for posts in which I'm tagged that I've noticed the change.

2. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

I would suggest solving this by deleting your Facebook account.

3. Patrick G thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Now hurry, you're gonna be late for middle school.

4. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Plus one!
    Never created a Facebook account.
    Sounds like a deliberate ploy to make sure more people login each time they get a message. Didn't I hear that 1 billion people logged in on Monday or something. Probably due to this kind of BS IMO.

5. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

You're off by a few years. I just got my engineering degree :)

Anyway, it's a serious suggestion. It's a waste of time, destroys self esteem, and is nothing more than an advertising platform now.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

In addition to that being nothing more than a personal opinion and choice (meaning it doesn't apply to others), it has nothing to do with the actual question that was asked, nor does it really contribute anything given what the thread is about.

7. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

Eh, the self esteem thing and advertising platform isn't really an opinion. You could maybe make an argument that it isn't a waste of time, but I've yet to see a convincing one.

But it does have to do with the question asked and does contributes to the thread.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

The self esteem isn't an opinion? Because people can't have control over their own self esteem which is different than others and others would know better somehow? That's an opinion as much an opinion can be one.

As for the thread, it's not about Facebook in general, or its merits or anything of the sort, it's simply about a difference in email notifications that someone noticed and wanted to see if anyone else has been seeing it or might know something about it.

To somehow imply something else about either of those things is to simply ignore basic reality as its all rather straightforward.

That said, this is only contributing to the off-topic discussion, so there's no point to keep this aspect of it going (given that it's already been fairly clearly addressed too).

9. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

Disagreed.

Well it seemed like Facebook was causing a problem, so I offered the optimal solution.