No communication between my Mac & HP Deskjet K209 scanner software

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pinkingrid, Apr 22, 2011.

1. pinkingrid macrumors newbie

I know I installed it correctly from the CD. I don't know if I should install updates bec my Macbook OS is 10.6.4.

It's getting frustrating because there are documents/photos that I need to scan. When I run the HP Scan software, turn the scanner on and put a picture and press SCAN on the dialogue box, it just says PREPARING TO SCAN and it goes on and on and on and never shows my image/document.

I already tried uninstalling and re-installing the software but still get the same result. Why is it always saying PREPARING TO SCAN and does not communicate with my device? Please help me :) Thank you! :confused:

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Try one of the following to see if it works

Use one of the following methods to scan a document.
    Method one: Scan from the Preview application

Click the Apple Preview icon in the dock, or open Preview from the Applications folder.From the Preview File pull-down menu, select Import from Scanner. Select your product from the list displayed. The scan interface opens.

Method two: Scan from the Image Capture application

Click the Apple Image Capture icon in the dock, or open Image Capture from the Applications folder. Select your product from the list displayed. If you are using a networked device, select it from the Shared list. The scan interface opens.

Method three: Scan from Print & Fax > Printer browser

From the Apple menu, select System Preferences. Click Print & Fax. Select your product from the list displayed. The Print & Fax options are displayed. Click the Scan tab, and click Open Scanner . The Printer Browser window opens. Click Scan to start a scan.