No compairson, iOS 6 faster.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by E2EK1EL, Nov 3, 2013.

1. E2EK1EL, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2013

E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

(Sorry, my attached image won't upload for some reason)

GF's was lazy to swap her device earlier, she had to do it today since her AppleCare "extended warranty" is up in two weeks. I've read many users in the US got their IP4S swaps still on iOS6 and brutally unfortunate this is not the case here in Canada.

Well I had the duty to setup the GF's IP4S tonight, everything is from a fresh user and had to update to the new iTunes.

Dead honest truth here, I just finished up everything and didn't even realize the new iTunes has that new animation from iOS 7 in the app sorting page, what a pain in the ass that was. At the end you get the somewhat accepting odd feeling, things are diff, animate diff, choppy here and there. I don't mind it, suck it up and that's how it's gonna be ...

Once I picked up my another IP4S on iOS 6, there's no comparison at all and everything runs + snaps in to light speed, the way it should be. On the IP5 on iOS 6, just like one of the blog sites said in 2012 in a review, the moment you touch to launch the app and when you let go, it's already completed the loading & already waiting for the next command w/o any delays. You won't know until you try it both of them for an hour on the same night, then you'll realize how much slower iOS 7 really is and wonder how can this be possible.

So far from what I've tried side by side on the same nights over the past 3 weeks, which took me forever to get a hold of the older devices from varies friends. These are the results and of course the camera functions and GPU load time, the A7s will win without even sweating it.

IP4S iOS 6.1.3 vs iOS 7.0.3
    iOS 6.1.3 wins

IP5 iOS 6.1.4 vs iOS 7.0.3
    iOS 6.1.4 wins

IP5 iOS 6.1.4 vs IP5s iOS 7.0.3
    iOS 6.1.4 wins

iPad 4 iOS 6.1.3 vs iOS 7.0.3
    iOS 6.1.3 wins

iPad 4 6.1.3 vs iPad Air iOS 7.0.3
    iOS 6.1.3 wins

2. E2EK1EL thread starter macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

Found out the replacement IP4S had debris under the screen, which was an eye soar and today we went to a different location and lucked out in getting another replacement with iOS 6.

Now my household is back to normal, thank you Apple.

(Kinda whacked everyone in the US got iOS 6 on their IP4S and IP5 the same time the GF got her first replacement)

Attached Files:

3. locoboi187 macrumors 6502a

To be fair, I have had my iPhone 5 on iOS 7. It was really good but had to get my phone replaced. It has iOS 6 now. The differences in speed are very minor and hardly noticeable. There is no lag or anything on the 5. However, the only reason I'm sticking with iOS 6 for now is because of better battery life.

I want to go back to iOS 7 but I don't. I want to stick with iOS 6 but I don't.
    I'll have to decide eventually.