No "complete screen coverage" tempered glass screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by davistld01, Nov 18, 2014.

1. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Have we pretty much reconciled it to ourselves that nobody is going to offer a tempered glass screen protector for the 6/6+ that fits flush around the entire screen, and is compatible with the more popular cases out there?

Are we pretty much stuck with the "case friendly" ones from ZAGG and others that tend to chip & crack along the edges since they extend over the curvature of the screen glass unless put on absolutely perfectly...and never are?

I appreciate the artsy way the screen curves on the iPhone 6/6+...and I know that Apple isn't in the business to support or prosper the accessory companies, but you'd think that there should be someone out there that can engineer a product that would do the trick in this area.

2. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

Why not just leave the scene alone? It's a touch screen, designed to be touched, and designed to resist scratches. I always found that using a screen protector on an iPhone took away the superb sensation of using what Apple so carefully designed.

3. madanagopal macrumors member

Is there any tempered glass protector that extends at least a few mm beyond the screen area. I bought a xtremeguard glass and it's exactly the same width as that of the screen. It looks weird off angles on the sides. From the pics of zagg it seems it's the same. I found this brand Zakix on Amazon and its pics shows that it would extend beyond the screen. I am yet to receive them. Any ideas?

4. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Tempered glass screen protectors protect the screen really well, AND don't take away any of the sensitivity of the touch screen, feels like you are swiping on the actual screen. I crack up at all the idiots running around with cracked screens.

5. mreg376 macrumors 6502a

The problem is that they're idiots -- not that they didn't have a screen protector. They don't make idiot-protectors... :)

6. scott99 macrumors 6502a

lol good point

7. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

The real glass manufactures will have something in the coming months. Not these so called brands that just package these glass pieces and rip people off.

Give it some more time.

8. nellysoap macrumors newbie

9. xreei macrumors member

xreei