No "Congratulations your iPhone has been unlocked" message

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asuprice, Apr 13, 2015.

1. asuprice macrumors newbie

i just bought an unlocked iPhone direct from the Apple Store, but it didn't show the "Congratulations your iPhone has been unlocked" message when I plugged it in or after a restore. Has Apple done away with this?

2. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Its unlocked from Apple. They only congratulate once you unlock a locked phone.

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

You won't really get it anymore.

My T-Mobile 6+ was unlocked by T-Mobile this morning and all I had to do to get it on AT&T was to insert the sim and enter my iCloud ID and password.

4. asuprice thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay. I'd always bought unlocked in the past and seen that message from the get go. Was just shocked when I didn't see it.

5. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

I think they stopped doing that. I had my old iPhone 5 unlocked and didn't get the message. Worked fine.

6. solo118 macrumors 65816

I didnt see it either, just try using a couple of sim cards to confirm its unlocked. I would not be worried though.

7. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

I'm not certain about this, but you might want to try a chat session with Apple Customer Support and ask them if they can verify that the iPhone is in fact unlocked. I believe they could do it if you give them the phone's serial number.

8. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

You will not get that message with any iPhone you buy factory unlocked directly from Apple. The best way to test it out is to use SIM cards from two different carriers (ie. T-Mobile, AT&T).

9. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

The message doesn't really mean anything these days. You don't even have to restore after getting an unlock from the carrier. The phone just pings Apple's activation servers and allows/disallows the unlock now.

10. Acronyc macrumors 6502

I didn't get that message with both an iPhone 6 or 5s bought unlocked directly from Apple in Japan. I've ised both on multiple carriers in various countries without issue.