No Contacts On Watch After 5.1.3

HelixOmnimedia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Traveling The World
Noticed yesterday that messages were coming up with the number rather than the contact name. I've looked looked into it more, and in the app Phone > Contacts it says "no contacts" - even though the Apple Watch should be mirroring whats on my iPhone.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Banglazed

macrumors demi-god
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
No issue here. You can try to re-sync data.

Watch app>General>Reset>Reset Sync Data then give it a few minutes to erase contacts and re-sync them back from iPhone.

HelixOmnimedia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Traveling The World
No issue here. You can try to re-sync data.

Watch app>General>Reset>Reset Sync Data then give it a few minutes to erase contacts and re-sync them back from iPhone.
This might sound like a stupid question, but should there a confirm reset or anything. I'm tapping the option, the bar goes light grey as if it knows I've tapped it but nothing else is happening on the iPhone or Apple Watch.

Banglazed

macrumors demi-god
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
This might sound like a stupid question, but should there a confirm reset or anything. I'm tapping the option, the bar goes light grey as if it knows I've tapped it but nothing else is happening on the iPhone or Apple Watch.
Once you tapped it, there won't be any confirmation. Check contacts to see any shows up now.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
This has happened to me 3 times in the last 2 months. If re-sync doesn't work, unpair and then re pair your watch to get your contacts back.