No Contacts?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bigbro1096, Nov 23, 2010.

1. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

I love Apple and I love the iPhone 4 but the way it works is making me mad. I restored so I lost all my contacts and then when I restored from backup it only added apps, pics, music, etc but didn't add my contacts! I went under settings and went to import sim contacts and it still didn't have any contacts; any suggestions?

2. Resist macrumors 68030

It was my understanding that the iPhone doesn't store personal data on the Sim.

3. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

But, it did on for my iPhone 3GS! I'm sorry to Apple but if somethings don't get fixed I'll just go to android for a year. (not that it affects you, Apple, or Steve Jobs, but...

4. Resist macrumors 68030

It can but doesn't do it by default, you have to set it to do this.

5. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

None of the iPhones have ever saved any information to the SIM card. You have the ability to import SIM contacts that may have been saved from an earlier non-iPhone that uses the SIM in that manner, but not the iPhone.

Contacts are designed to be synced to a supported application on your computer depending on the OS platform that you use. Mac uses Address book, Windows using Outlook, Windows Contacts (depending on XP, Vista, W&). If you have not synced the contacts to an application and only expected the iPhone backup to hold them and you did not get them from the restore, they are lost.