Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sethlution

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
So we all know that the iPad 4 won't get any of the multitasking features at all, but it seems that content blocker is not available either. I've checked two ad-blocker apps already and both are "not available" on my iPad (install fine on my iPhone 6). Can anyone confirm this?

This sucks if it is true. The 4 is still running perfectly fine. I was going to get the air 3 but they didn't announce one last week so I'm planning on using it for another year at least.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
So we all know that the iPad 4 won't get any of the multitasking features at all, but it seems that content blocker is not available either. I've checked two ad-blocker apps already and both are "not available" on my iPad (install fine on my iPhone 6). Can anyone confirm this?

This sucks if it is true. The 4 is still running perfectly fine. I was going to get the air 3 but they didn't announce one last week so I'm planning on using it for another year at least.

Correct. Content blocker requires a 64 bit chip that the iPad 4 doesn't have. Just read it on the Ars Tecnica review.

JonnyBlaze

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2008
UK
I was just about to recommend the apps by Disconnect. The pro version is a good blocker, the premium adds a vpn. Premium wins for me. Runs fine on my ipad3 as well as 9.7pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.