"No Content" on iPhone 3G despite it being full...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChazUK, Aug 28, 2008.

1. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Another day, another iPhone problem.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (244MB Available.....)

This time the useless thing is showing "No Content" on the iPod player but is nearly full.... Any ideas on how to solve this?

Please don't tell me its time to restore again?:mad:

2. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

yeah, not only that, but the only way i fixed that problem was rolling itunes back to 7.7.0.
    are your 3rd party apps working? when this happened to mine, all the 3rd party apps quit working too.

a guy posted detailed instructions on how to do it in a thread somewhere around here. if you search around you should be able to find it.

3. ChazUK thread starter macrumors 603

ChazUK

Thanks rockin!

We live near an apple store so I took it to be seen by a genius and he asked if I was using xp as it was a common problem but he slwas suprised when I told him I was using an iMac. After he checked out the diagnostics and offered a replacement which I accepted.

Let's see if this one develops problems!

4. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

I had the exact same problem while running iPhone firmware 2.0.1 and iTunes 7.7.1, but was able to resolve my issue. Here are the steps I took:

1. Delete all apps from iPhone.
    2. Disconnect and reconnect sync cable to create backup.
    3. Reinstall all apps.
    4. Repeat step 2.

Surprisingly, all my iPod content (audio/video) was able to be accessed at this time, as well as all 3rd party apps. I then upgraded to 2.0.2 without incident and was able to use my iPhone to its fullest, with the exception of upgrading my apps. I repeated the process detailed above and achieved success with upgrading apps via iTunes, at least thus far.

I also experienced the same issue on my 1st gen iPhone, but the steps above achieved a negative result. I then upgraded to iPhone firmware 2.0.2 and was able to access my iPod content (audio/video), but all 3rd party apps still crashed. I then repeated the process above and now everything works.

In other words, the steps above worked on an iPhone 3G on iPhone firmware 2.0.1, but for a 1st gen iPhone upgrade to 2.0.2 then perform the steps above and you should be fine.

HawaiiMacAddict