"No Content" when I goto Music

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AlphaTeam, Mar 24, 2010.

1. AlphaTeam macrumors regular

AlphaTeam

So I have a 2G 32Gb Ipod touch. I got it right after it was released. I had it jailbroken since it was first available for this unit. A couple months ago one day I went to play some music and it said "No Content", however if I plugged it in to itunes it said it was full of music with the progress bar looking thinggy. So I restored and rejailbroke and it worked fine. Yesterday I got the same thing and restored 3.1.2 and rejailbroke. Today the music was gone again. I then went to the itunes store and downloaded some free podcast and they showed up. Then later those too were gone after a sync with itunes. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2. Mystic Eddy macrumors regular

I have the same problem when I'm using mine (not jailbroken). It usually happens when I use it on another computer (I've got it on manually manage) and I've found that adding new content is the easiest way to get the iPod to see the library listings.
    It's an annoying bug but will hopefully be fixed soon although I've had instances of it since 2.0 when I bought the iPod a week after the 2G launch.

3. ascendedoshen macrumors member

I spoke to apple about this

It is a software glitch and will even happen when ur connected to wifi but not to iTunes !!! U need only plug into iTunes and it will reappear. You'll notice in settings ur music will still take up gigs but what's happening is menu is being erased ur music is still there.

4. AlphaTeam thread starter macrumors regular

AlphaTeam

See it doesn't even fix when I connect to iTunes and resyc. I removed a bunch of apps that I don't use thinking that maybe there was some buggy program causing it. Now the content came back. So....who knows. Maybe removing content also fixes it???

5. markojug macrumors regular

Just restore and stay on the stock 3.1.2 firmware for a bit and see what happenes. If the music stays, I would consider not jailbreaking your device.