Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kailibur

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
is it possible to buy an iphone 4, but not acctivate cellular cervice? like, an unlocked phone but without the price increase?

edk99

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
FL
It would help if we knew where you lived.

All phones in the US are tied to ATT or Verizon. Other parts of the world you can buy an unlocked iPhone but you pay full price for that.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca

All phones in the US are tied to ATT or Verizon. Other parts of the world you can buy an unlocked iPhone but you pay full price for that.

Apple now sells the iPhone 4 unlocked here in the U.S. (GSM only), 16GB/$649 and 32GB/$749

screenshot20110810at659.png
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC603LL/A

is it possible to buy an iphone 4, but not acctivate cellular cervice? like, an unlocked phone but without the price increase?

At $649, you're free to do what you want with your iPhone.

Last edited:

kailibur

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011

i live in colorado springs. i am just wondering because i want to create an app, but i dont want to test it on my only ios device. its a 3g 32gb touch. i am a registered developer, but i dont want to run beta on my only device to see if my app will work with ios5. i want to get something like a 3gs with no contract, but obviously i cant do that. so any ideas where i can find another 32gb touch for SUPER cheap?

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
i live in colorado springs. i am just wondering because i want to create an app, but i dont want to test it on my only ios device. its a 3g 32gb touch. i am a registered developer, but i dont want to run beta on my only device to see if my app will work with ios5. i want to get something like a 3gs with no contract, but obviously i cant do that. so any ideas where i can find another 32gb touch for SUPER cheap?

If you're going to just use it to develop apps, I would just get an 8GB one. My local Craigslist has a few for around $125-$150 (4th Generation).

Apple Refurbs are $199 for an 8GB.

Last edited:

kailibur

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
If you're going to just use it to develop apps, I would just get an 8GB one. My local Craigslist has a few for around $125-$150 (4th Generation).

Apple Refurbs are $199 for an 8GB.

thats a good idea.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.