No Contract w/AT&T but can't upgrade til October?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I had my own single-line plan on T-Mobile with my 5S on their Jump program. I paid off my ETF and went to AT&T because T-Mobile's service is TERRIBLE where I live.

I want to pre-order the 6 Plus tomorrow, but on AT&T's website it says I'm not eligible for an upgrade until October 12th? What gives? I thought I could upgrade at anytime if I have no contract.

I'm thinking of buying the phone off-contract anyway, but where can I pre-order an unlocked one for use on AT&T?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Maybe its a mistake if you didn't buy your current phone on contract. Call them, VZW messed up my upgrade date, stuff happens.

You'll not be able to pre-order or buy a phone full price (At least through apple) initially. They generally hold off those types of transactions until November.

If the October date isn't a mistake, just way. Another month won't kill you.

3. Dreday24 macrumors regular

if you brought your own device there is a 6 month wait before you can upgrade.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Really, I did not know that. That's good to know, because one option I had was that I was going to bring my iPhone 5c to ATT and then maybe get the 6 but if I have to wait 6 months I may sell the 5c instead.

5. inthecup macrumors regular

I think with AT&T it's about 2 months after launch ... I was going to do that until I found out about the delay ... Now I'm going with ATT Next and may pay it off by the month or pay the whole thing off in 2 months

6. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

Will I be able to pre-order if I do Next?

7. ctbaz macrumors member

check the eligibility site.