No credit check required

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itouchaddicted, Jun 22, 2010.

1. itouchaddicted macrumors regular

Hey guys, I just chatted with a premier rep. about my concern that I being 18 with no credits would not qualify to get an iphone 4, so can I buy the phone under my moms name and then get my discount added?. To this, he said no that the line has to be under my name inorder to get the discount.

But the good news that he gave me is this----"You would qualify for an iphone 4 with no credits as you would be buying it from premier store using your college email and with premier discount".

So what do you guys think about this, was the rep right or was he just running away from the situation.

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

can anyone confirm this? I would piss my pants if it was true...CSUF student, no 500 dollar deposit?? WIN

3. itouchaddicted thread starter macrumors regular

yeah can someone confirm this

4. dave006 Contributor

dave006

The part about attaching the FAN aka discount is true aka the official policy but the enforcement is the tricky part.

You can add the discount via the web if you have an email address in the group's domain.

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/

Now, the credit check thing: A credit verification will be done based on the SSN of the person that opens the account. So you might have a deposit or not, only way to check it to do a "pre-qualify" to find out.

Dave

5. CJayC macrumors 6502

If the AT&T rep couldn't tell you this intricate detail, how the **** are we supposed to?

6. itouchaddicted thread starter macrumors regular

If you are a new subscriber to AT&T like me then getting the premier discount via your college email using that website is really easy and the discount shows up immediately on the fee invoice. Also the discount is applicable from the first month itself. Problem is only when you are switching services or are applying discount after getting the service.

And about the credit check thing, the rep assured me that I would qualify without any deposit even though I dont have any credit cuz of my college. Now I have to wait and order the iphone 4 when it becomes available to see if the rep was right...or he was just ignorant( or made me ignorant)..

7. timerollson macrumors 65816

I entered my work e-mail and it looks like I qualify. But how do I go about ordering if they're all sold out? Does the discount apply if I go in-store after the 24th and mention that I have AT&T Premier? :confused:

8. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

Seems sketchy to me...not run a credit check for a potential new client just because he/she is in college? Seems like bad practice to me.

9. itouchaddicted thread starter macrumors regular

The best non confusing way would be to wait till 24th and then order via your premier account. Dont order from att.com ot apple.com if you want the discount from the first month itself..But offcourse you can do it but it will be a pain in the butt...