No Darker Space Grey

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mashinhead, Sep 9, 2015.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I know they never mentioned it but from he images its doesn't look like they upgrade the shade of the space grey to the one available on the iPod touch.

2. Gr81MB macrumors 6502

Gr81MB

Nope From The Verge Review Looks Like Same Grey, Im thinking of going with White Silver, The IOS looks good on it, especially the new fish animated wallpapers.

3. L T macrumors 6502

L T

4. nordique macrumors 6502a

Looks the same on the Apple website "colour selection" screen

Bummer

Will still likely get the SG one though

5. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I was expecting the darker space gray. It's so weird that the iPod touch and Macbook get it but not the iPhones or iPads.

6. Cowboy1629 macrumors regular

Cowboy1629

Got to save something for the iPhone 7...

I'm thinking gold but have never had a white faced iPhone and I've had everyone since the 3G.

7. pukrnukr macrumors member

I wish there was a Gold and black!

8. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

I think the space gray is fine the way it currently is. I think if you get a phone it's too dark it starts to look depressing and I think there needs to be a little bit of color there. Mid tones and other highlights help bring out the detail of the phone. I highly doubt that the iPhone in space gray would look good if it was almost black. I know that there's not much difference between a dark iPhone versus putting a black case on the phone, but constantly looking at a black phone tends to get a little depressing and boring after a little while, but that's just my opinion.

9. Scarlet Siren macrumors regular

Scarlet Siren

I miss the Slate option. That was beautiful.

10. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

this

11. techspin macrumors 6502a

Shame the SG looks identical to the 6. Still getting it though!

12. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Weird that Apple is so inconsistent with this color, only thing that's disappointing to me about the new phones.

13. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

Seriously, I've seen a handful of "space gray" since last year. It's really weird how different they all are coming from Apple. I noticed it today during the meeting too.

14. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Same old, same old !! Apple set in their ways. Last year color was popular so why would they change it. Albeit making it a little deeper would have been nice.

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm kind of the opposite here. The major reason I bought my Black/Slate iPhone 5 in 2012 was precisely because it resembled the monolith from 2001 A Space Odyssey.

I still very much enjoy that look and the fact that it went missing with the 5s and the 6/6+ actually is somewhat depressing to me. :D

16. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

That's kind of like saying the black Ford model T was popular. It was. But it only came in one color.

Space Gray is popular because Apple gets the people who want black but buy Space Gray because that's the closest Apple will offer to black - not because every Space Gray buyer actually WANTS Space Gray (I don't, I want black).

17. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm bummed that the only way to get a black face is to go with SG.

18. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

One of the pictures on the website for the new 6S makes the antenna lines look super dark. Hopefully they are actually like that and it isn't just the lighting.

Attached Files:

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It's probably the lighting. Look how much lighter the bands are to the bottom of the phone (left side of the picture).

20. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I was surprised they didn't match it to the color of the watch. The watch is a gorgeous dark shade. I have the current space gray and it sometimes is hard to distinguish from the silver or even the gold iPhones under certain incandescent lighting. Such as that found in my local Apple Store. It's really very light.

I tend to use black cases. Had they made the space gray almost black I might have considered it. But I'm going to change things up a bit and go for the gold...or rose gold.