No Data After Power Down iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lolkthxbai, Dec 11, 2013.

1. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

On my way back home I powered down my iPhone and when I turned it back on the carrier name switched from TFW LTE(Tracfone Wireless) to HOME 4G. Now I have no data or pic messaging. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I get my data back? I only have a spare AT&T, T-Mobile and NET10 nano SIM card and I'm running ios 7.0.4.

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Not sure of your exact issue ... but try another reboot ... and if thats doesnt help then Reset Network Settings

3. lolkthxbai thread starter macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

That didn't help. It just says searching.... And the. HOME 4G. Up until recently when iOS 7 was released there was a carrier update for Tracfone Wireless prepaid subscribers (NET10, StraightTalk, etc) that changed the carrier name to TFW, activated LTE and no longer required us to use the SIM swap trick to change the APN settings to get Data and Picture Messaging to work.

4. lolkthxbai thread starter macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

Okay, so.... That was weird... I connected the iPhone to iTunes and it prompted me to update my carrier settings again. I hit update and... now it's fixed.

5. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Did u reset the network setting like I mentioned before ? If yes, then thats what prompted the carrier update prompt other wise I have no idea what happened here

6. lolkthxbai thread starter macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

Actually, I hadn't because I was hesitatant to lose my network keys and VPN configurations, among other things. Thank you for your help anyways :D

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, you get no data after you power down iPhone 5. You must power it back up in order to get data.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)