No details in About This Mac - Storage

PBz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
PVB, Florida
I have searched but I have not found an answer. On the new 2015 MBP I have it gives me the breakdown of my SSD usage...say Photos, System, etc. On the 2016 MBP I just got back from Apple Repair Depot I cannot get it to give me these details. I have done restarts. I have run First Aid on the drive..

Any ideas?

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 68030
Jul 6, 2007
Or alternatively (and much longer), Apple Menu --> About This Mac --> click storage tab --> click Manage... button.

If you mean, that on the Storage tab, the bar is only grey, hover your mouse over the grey bar and it should say "calculating". You need to give it enough time to calculate the bar graph. It recalculates every time you navigate to this tab so the bar will always be grey to start.

Reactions: New_Mac_Smell

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
Or alternatively (and much longer), Apple Menu --> About This Mac --> click storage tab --> click Manage... button.

If you mean, that on the Storage tab, the bar is only grey, hover your mouse over the grey bar and it should say "calculating". You need to give it enough time to calculate the bar graph. It recalculates every time you navigate to this tab so the bar will always be grey to start.
I like this method, feels more complete.

I swear I had a pie chart of this stuff once when PS maxed my scratch disk and it kept telling me to delete stuff every few seconds. I liked that pie chart :(

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 68030
Jul 6, 2007
I like this method, feels more complete.

I swear I had a pie chart of this stuff once when PS maxed my scratch disk and it kept telling me to delete stuff every few seconds. I liked that pie chart :(
Makes so much more sense. It's an Apple pie chart! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.