No Ding/Haptic Feedback for Some Notifications

SteelBlueTJ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
USA
Day 2 with my new 44MM Series 4 Aluminum. Certain apps, especially Facebook, do not give me the ding/haptic feedback with a notification. I double checked that notifications are on for all apps, silent mode is off and do not disturb is off. I have every app set to mirror iPhone alerts with sound on. It just seems to randomly choose when it wants to make a sound or not. Facebook notifications seem to be the worst. Even on my iPhone X the banner appears, but no sound or vibration. I restarted both and no change. I'm starting to think it's an individual App issue and not really related to the settings of the watch or phone itself.

FatherOfTwo

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2015
I've noticed this today, I was originally thinking it was just a few but actually there seems to be a host of notifications on my iPhone screen that don't appear on my Series 4.

I can't work out the actual specifics of it but it's really annoying as obviously you phone doesn't make a noise and neither does your watch so you end up totally missing notifications :-(

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
You can’t have Facebook haptic only on the watch. You have never been able to. I have had to just keep it silent for the Facebook app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.