No Disk, No Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DutLive, Dec 18, 2010.

1. DutLive, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010

DutLive macrumors newbie

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get some badly needed help.

I recently acquired a MacBook in a salvage auction. Because of this, I do not have the Leopard OS disk. I've successfully installed Windows on the MacBook and now I need to install the drivers, but since I have no disk I have no access to the drivers.
    I downloaded the Boot Camp 2.1 update from the Apple site, but I can't get it to run in Windows.

Is there anything I can do?

Some details:
    Mac OS 10.5.8
    Windows XP Professional
    I partitioned 32GB for Windows (which is exactly what I used when I installed Windows on my iMac 4 years ago and it works just fine)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Call Apple to obtain replacement disks, or buy a Snow Leopard Upgrade for $29.

If you want to do things the hard way, extract the drivers individually from one of the upgrades using WinRAR and try to get that to work.

B

3. DutLive thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. If I go with the Snow Leopard update, can I run Windows XP Professional or I would I have to pony up for Windows 7?

4. vistadude macrumors 65816

You can run XP, vista, or 7. I'm surprised no one has extracted off the drivers from the snow leopard disk and put then online. I would if there were a place that gives a few hundred mb for free.