Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Os Xp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
I have Xp installed and got mostly everything working (except graphics of course). I was just wondering if anybody actually had a display subsection in the device manager, because it seems that my computer doesn't even recognize the existence of a video card. Also, when I move my windows around they tear really badly unless I turn hardware acceleration totally down, anybody else have that problem?

Thanks,
- Os Xp

Suspended
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
Yeah everything will appear/redraw badly without a Graphics Card. I didn't bother turn down Hardware acceleration, as it doesn't really bother me.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
It's like reinstalling windows with a clean install and not having the computer's drivers on there. The video is going to tear left and right. You have nothing on there telling the computer that it can rely on your video card for buttery-smooth goodness.

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
I assume this is on an iMac or Macbook Pro? The Mini now has working video drivers, which is awesome.

Os Xp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Yes, this is on a MBP. Question - do the video drivers on the mini allow it to play games?

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Os Xp said:
Yes, this is on a MBP. Question - do the video drivers on the mini allow it to play games?

The graphics card in the mini- oh wait, there is none. And Intel onboard graphics don't render 3D well, so, even with the drivers, you really can't play games on the mini (well).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.