No display in Macbook Air after turning on

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by squall101403, Jun 6, 2012.

1. squall101403 macrumors newbie

Hello,

My Macbook Air does not turn on anymore. The screen is just plain blank. I can hear the board running inside and charging port lights up when connected to the outlet. I tried resetting SMC but still no luck. Any solutions on this?
    before this happened, when i try to boot, it hangs in the startup screen. after several reboots, the screen no longer turns on

2. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

Ouch. Do you have the ability to attach an external monitor for testing purposes? Does the screen light up (even if it is "blank" or "black")? You said it hangs in the startup screen -- are you talking about the Apple logo with the spinning wheel under it? Have you tried booting with Command-S held down?

3. applerepairs macrumors member

Try connecting with a different Monitor, It it doesn't light up then it might be that the screen got faulty, U need to replace the screen in that case.

4. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Not to overlook the obvious ... try turning up the brightness to full? :)

Probably different situation, but I recently had my iMac refuse to display anything but a blank grey screen on power up. Turned out to be a failed internal SSD disk, and it wouldn't even boot from the internal hard disk or optical disk. I didn't think a failure on one SATA interface could affect the others, I assumed they were fully isolated within the interface chip.