No Display on Startup with new HD and Ram

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AndrewD1022, Dec 26, 2008.

1. AndrewD1022 macrumors newbie

So I just got done installing some new Corsair Ram that was "made" for Macs and a 320gb Hitachi Travelstar 7k320. I took the old ram and HD out and put the new ones in. After checking all the connections I sealed it up. Started the computer and had no display and no start up sounds. I put my 10.5 CD into the drive and it runs but doesn't do anything. The MacBook Pro 17" originally came with 10.4.

Took it apart again and put the original HD and Ram into the computer with no success. I rechecked all the wires and tried resetting the PRAM and ejecting the CD. Nothing has happened. It is the same situation either way, the computer starts with no display, runs the CD and there are no sounds. I don't know if I inadvertently did something to the display, but it was not a problem before. Please help.

Thanks

2. AndrewD1022 thread starter macrumors newbie

So if anyone was having the same problems as I was. One make sure that your computer is capable of holding 4gb of RAM. Mine was not, but also, when you put the old ram back in, if that is the case, put them in the original sockets. My computer is now up and running fine.