No double click for music anymore with 3.1.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Flighty, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Flighty macrumors newbie

Hi,

Call me naive if you wish. I updated my 1st gen iPod Touch to the 3.1.2 software the other evening and now find nothing happens when I double click the main button by the screen. It used to play my music videos on shuffle but as mp3's and not mp4's. Can this be still be done a different way please, as leaving the videos playing when the pod's in my pocket just wastes the battery life.

Cheers.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yeah, they changed that. Don't use double-click too often myself, but I think it's weird that they would do that. You can do Settings > General > Home and set double-click to bring up iPod, not sure if that will do what you want, though. I've always just made mp3 versions of my music videos to play when I'm just listening to music, and only play the videos when I actually want to watch videos.

3. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

What firmware were you on before?

Cause Apple took out that feature with 3.1.1.

4. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

I noticed that too. I upgraded my friends iPod touch to 3.2.1 and jailbroke it. I found this app on cydia called ipodpop. That app makes the thing pop up when you double tap the home button. It puts a little menu in your settings where you can turn it on and off. If your iPod isn't jailbroken you only get the thing to pop up when music is playing