No dvd drive - bigger battery please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shifty27, Jul 14, 2011.

1. shifty27 macrumors newbie

shifty27

Has no-one at apple thought of this in the last year? Lets be honest no-one hardly uses a cd/dvd drive anymore. We dont really burn cds/dvds and if we did a portable dvd-rw can be got for $30 Flash drives have taken over and mp3s are basically replacing cds and media players are replacing dvds....

SO APPLE REMOVE THE "SUPERDRIVE" and put the hard drive in that place and extend the battery to the width of the laptop. Also include an external dvd-rw (usb powered) with macbook pro purchases. It probs cost them $10 to get them manufactured if they order say a million.

Here is a pic to show you what I mean!!!

http://guide-images.ifixit.net/igi/mUkpgqVihnQWANeF.huge

Am I the only one who thinks this!! The majority of desktops/laptops/custom build motherboards support usb/usb dvd-rw booting...

SO PLEASE APPLE :)

2. iPadPhone macrumors member

http://www.apple.com/uk/macbookair/

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

As long as there's an option. The last thing I personally want is a laptop with no drive.

4. Tibits macrumors regular

No. In fact there were countless other threads you could have posted this in, rather than starting a new one...

5. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

i didn't read anything you typed. whatever reason you had that made you think it was a good idea to center all your text was wrong, it's a bad idea.

i did read the title and i want apple to ditch the odd. in it's place; a blade ssd in the 64-128gb range, in addition to the current hd, and then fill in the rest of the space with battery.

6. nwbusa macrumors regular

Nah, some of us want and need the optical drive. Eventually it will go away but now is not that time.